Mental support

Individual Support

You can always contact your student counsellor, who will first listen to your story and then discuss with you what support you can get. Not sure who your student counsellor is? You can find a list here.

Would you prefer to consult with an external organisation, you can contact one of these below:

  • The 'Centre for Public Well-being' (Centrum voor Algemeen Welzijn or CAW) offers free support in English (though their website is written in Dutch). You can contact them on 0800/15 13 500; the number is free and can be called even without any call credit on your phone (Mon-Fri:9-17h, 9am-5pm). They offer a walk-in service without appointment on various locations in brussels (and other cities).
  • Communicty Help Service offers mental health services from psychologists, psychotherapists and a psychiatrist in English (and other languages), for a variety of issues. Their website states that a reasonable fee for the service will be determined considering serveral factors, but that no-one will be turned away for lack of funds.

Information and Online Self-help

Moodspace is a place for students. Packed with reliable information, tips and self-help tools to tackle emotional problems or to help you study confidently. It offers room for student stories, peptalk and helps you find the help you need. It is the check to put your mental health first. MoodSpace is available in Dutch and English.