1. Degree requirements
The following programmes qualify directly for a Bachelor's degree programme:
- Certificat d' Enseignement secondaire supérieur (French Community of Belgium);
- Europees Baccalaureaat diploma (European Schools);
- Zeugnis der allgemeinen Hochschulreife/Abitur (Germany);
- Baccalauréat with a minimum score requirement of 10/20 (France);
- Diploma ‘Voorbereidend Wetenschappelijk Onderwijs’ VWO (The Netherlands);
- Diploma ‘Middelbaar beroepsonderwijs’ MBO4 (Nederland) for professional Bachelor's degree programmes
- A certificate of a propedeutic exam (The Netherlands);
- Other certificates qualify only if they grant access to a Bachelor's degree in the country of origin.
Admission to a Master's degree program is also possible with a foreign diploma of higher education if prerequisites for the degree programme are met. After applying, the admissions committee will decide whether your diploma qualifies directly or if certain preparatory programmes are necessary.
2. Other requirements
If you want to attend a degree program at the EhB you must have an adequate knowledge of Dutch, the main language of instruction. An adequate knowledge implies having obtained one of the following:
- A certificate of B2 or NT2-level 5 through an academic language center;
- A certificate of the ITNA language test;
- A certificate of Dutch as a Foreign Language at the CTO;
- A certificate of the Staatsexamen NT2 issued in the Netherlands;
- A certificate of level 3.1 or 3.2 Dutch at a Centrum voor Volwassenenonderwijs;
- A certificate of B2 at the Dutch Language House of Brussels (contact email@example.com for more information).
If you are interested in taking language courses, our colleagues at the VUB are authorized to organize official language tests.
2.2 Artistic admission requirements
Entry requirements differ for the Schools of Arts. You will need to pass an admission test.
See the respective pages of the Royal Conservatory Brussels (KCB) and RITCS.