The Most Sustainable Resource - Higher Education as Catalyst of Sustainability
Erasmus Brussels University of Applied Sciences & Arts (EhB) is very pleased to invite you to our second edition of EhB International Days which will take place from Wednesday 4 December until Friday 6 December 2019.
From 4 to 6 December, EhB organizes the second edition of its 'International Days'. A three-day event devoted to internationalisation with a focus on sustainable education.
In addition to the fascinating guest lectures which will be given by our international guest lecturers in all our departments, we also organise workshops open to all EhB staff, for which you have to register.
If you would like to strengthen your international network and learn more about how you can contribute to sustainable (higher) education, register via the link here below for the sessions on the 4th and/or 5th of December!
Wednesday 4 December 2019
Venue: Cine Palace, Boulevard Anspach 85, 1000 Brussels (Metro station Bourse/Beurs)
10 am - 11 am: registration
11 am - 12.30 pm: Opening session hosted by Aubry Cornelis, head of EhB MARCOM
- Welcome by Mrs. Ann BRUSSEEL, President of EhB
- Keynote Speaker Dr. Jan TERLOUW, former president of Democrats 66, Deputy Prime Minister in the Van Agt II Government, author of several children books and enthusiast advocator for sustainable development in The Netherlands
- Bas Litjens, Board Member of the Dutch National Students' Association
- Aisha ADEPOJU, RITCS Alumna and director of documentary ‘Al Camino Frente a Mi’
12.30 - 1.30 pm: Lunch
2 - 4 (or 5) pm: Workshops open to all registered guests, EhB-staff and students
You will be asked to select one of the following workshops:
- 2 - 4 pm: Implementing sustainability in your curriculum. Leen Audenaert and Peter Schildermans, Flemish Government - Sustainable Higher Education’. This workshop is addressed to all teaching staff interested in curriculum development. You will be guided through a process which allows you to take the first steps in building a new curriculum. Some energizing examples will be shown on what sustainability and sustainable development goals mean in higher education. An open and informal space will be created to share your ideas.
- 2 - 4 pm: Working on sustainability and the circular economy with the OVAM SIS Toolkit. Miranda Geusens en Liesbet Van Ackeleyen (OVAM). Do you want to know more about tools for the circular economy and sustainability? Take part in the hands-on workshop 'OVAM SIS Toolkit' and work together on a concrete case. The OVAM SIS Toolkit '(Sustainable Innovation System) is an instrument that provides guidance towards integrating sustainability principles in innovation and design processes to create sustainable value. Participants will be offered an OVAM SIS Toolkit.
- 2 - 5 pm: Education for sustainability in a multi-faceted tomorrow – A Futures Literacy Lab. Maya Van Leemput, Kim De Vidts, Eva De Smedt, Yannick Dujardin (EhB Researchers Open Time | Applied Futures Research). This Lab is open to all interested guests, EhB staff and students. To engage with the exceptional challenge that sustainability is, you are invited to broaden your perspective of the here and now to the long-term future and the greater whole. Take part in this colorful and relaxed activity to strengthen your futures literacy in order to shape together tomorrow’s ideas on sustainability in higher education.
- Adapting pedagogy to meet the challenge of the Climate and Biodiversity Crisis: Some exemplars from the UK, Birmingham School of Architecture & Design, BCU by Dr. Jemma Browne and Dawn Parke, Landscape Architecture, Birmingham School of Architecture and Design. In our presentation we will describe how we have mapped our courses within the School of Architecture and Design against the UN Sustainable Development Goals and are using competency frameworks in our teaching of design across the scales. to respond the urgent nature of the climate and biodiversity crisis. We will also share some examples of best practice, showcasing pioneering student design projects from both BA (hons) courses and from our Masters Programmes across the Architecture and Design School.
7.30 pm: Welcome Dinner for registered guests, Taverne du Passage, Galeries de la Reine 30, 1000 Brussels (Metro Central Station or Bourse)
Thursday 5 December 2019
Morning and afternoon
Welcome at the various EhB-Departments/Schools of Art followed by guest lectures.
Evening programme, you can choose between
- From 5 pm to 10 pm: Enjoy the Brussels Museums Nocturne which gives you access to 7 museums located in the center of Brussels. Do not miss the closing party in the Saint-Géry Hall.
- 7.30 pm: Film Screening at Royal Institute for Theatre, Cinema & Sound (RITCS): Young Female Directors: Compilation of graduation films.
- 8 pm : Attendance of the Musical “Nine” performed by our Musical Students (Nijverheidskaai/Quai de l'industrie 170)
Please click for detailed programs:
- Design & Technology
- Teacher Training & Early Childhood Education and Care
- Koninklijk Conservatorium Brussel
- Management, Media & Society
- Biomedical Laboratory Sciences (Cassella, van Rooy, Lindbergh)
- Biomedical Laboratory Sciences (Janknegt, Vardauskaite, Cassella)
- Climate, Nature & Design