Student jobs

Student Jobs

Are you looking for a student job? Foreign students may have problems finding a job because a lot of them require language skills in French and Dutch.

Different legislation applies for..

EEA nationals
Students who are nationals of one of the member states of the European Economic Area (EEA) may be employed in Belgium under the same conditions as Belgians. There is no need to apply for a work permit.

Students from Switzerland may work in Belgium without a work permit.

Anyone who lives in Belgium for longer than three months must register at the local authority. You will receive a national registration number and will be entitled to repayment of taxes if you fall below the income cut-off.

Non-EEA students

Non-EEA student who wish to work during the academic year are required to have a Type C work permit.


    As a non-European international student with a Type C work permit, you are allowed to work a maximum of 20 hours per week during the academic year. .

    More information about working in Belgium as a student can be found here.

    How do I find a job?

    There are several possibilities (job service of the school, employment offices of the governments and adverts in newspapers), but the best option for international students still is a registration in an interim office. These offices make job selections for you and won't abuse your status as an international student.

    English, French, Dutch: Randstad  
    French, Dutch: Adecco, Manpower, Unique