In the context of the Alliance Fund, E-Lab HOGENT and Erasmus University of Applied Sciences Brussels are organizing a nighttime Hackathon. Approximately 70 students will embark on a journey to address a societal challenge in the field of sustainable textiles using the design thinking methodology.
It also marks the beginning of the new operational year for E-Lab.
Therefore, we cordially invite our partners and colleagues to join us for the keynote and networking event on October 5, 2023, at our Aalst campus.
Furthermore, this collaboration is part of the CITE HEInnovate research project in which FTILab+ and E-Lab are working together with international partners to develop effective entrepreneurship education in sustainable textiles.
The Hackathon will take place at our HOGENT campus in Aalst on October 5th and 6th, 2023.
Thursday, October 5, 2023:
- 6:00 PM: Welcome
- 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM: Keynote by Alexandra De Raeve, coordinator of FTILab+, discussing sustainability challenges in the textile sector.
- 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM: Networking session with refreshments provided by student entrepreneurs.
- 8:30 PM: Challenge formulation and start of the Hackathon for the students.
Friday, October 6, 2023:
- 6:00 AM: Breakfast and pitch presentations by the various groups to the jury.
- 8:00 AM: Announcement of winners and prize distribution, followed by a healthy breakfast.
- 8:30 AM: Conclusion of the Hackathon
You can park at the Keizershallen parking lot, which is a 5-minute walk from the Aalst campus.
To help us estimate the number of participants and arrange catering, we kindly request you to register using this link: